All over the world, there are perfect tropical paradises within the reach of beach-seeking travelers. Many destinations are well known - and just as many are well off the beaten path. Discover a place which may be your next dream destination, or learn about others which may have been beyond your realm of imagination...

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Introduction


My name is Sharon Tornick, and I am a senior majoring in marketing, with a minor in international business, at the University of Delaware. I absolutely love to travel, and I decided to create a travel blog for my BUAD 477 class. However, you will not read about places that I have already been to; instead, you can learn about the places that I am dreaming to see.

Many people love to travel, and many also have wish lists, as do I, of places they would like to go. I have been to many parts of the United States, made six trips to the Caribbean, and traveled once to Israel. Yet what really intrigue me are the places that are less well known and exotic. Lots of people are perfectly content if they simply vacation somewhere with hot weather, palm trees, and blue water. With those few criteria, there are lots of places relatively close by to travel to. For example, many students tend to frequent Cancun or Acapulco for Spring break, just as many may take a family trip to the Bahamas. But how many Americans can say they have traveled to the Seychelles, off the coast of Africa? Or Turtle Island? Or the tiny islands that make up the Great Barrier Reef? There are hundreds of destinations out there which are absolute jewels but lie far off the beaten path.

My aim is to research some of these destinations and report back to recap what I have learned. I will tell you where the most amazing little tropical paradises are located, what the climate is like, a bit of history, and a few things that make the destination a really special place to travel to. Watch out every week for a new posting on what could be your very next dream destination!

1 Comments:

Blogger wildwestlax said...

I really like the idea of your blog. I really like the idea that your not talking about places you've been but rather placed you want to go. I feel the same way when it comes to travelling. I'm from Canada and now live here. I know DE wasn't exactly the most exotic location to pick to live, but it got me out of the house at 18 and living in a different country for free. Travelling is one of my, and really my whole families favortie things to do. Like you I've travelled a fair bit and feel the more you do it the more it seems to creep into your mind about the next big trip. I look forward to reading about the rest of your locations and maybe it will even give me some trip ideas for the future.

6:13 PM, November 16, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home