All over the world, there are perfect tropical paradises within the reach of beach-seeking travelers. Many destinations are well known - and just as many are well off the beaten path. Discover a place which may be your next dream destination, or learn about others which may have been beyond your realm of imagination...

Monday, September 19, 2005

Mustique

Mustique is an exclusive island of 89 private residences, located at the northern tip of the Grenadines. The 1,400 acre island separates the Atlantic Ocean to the east from the Caribbean Sea to the west. The island is private, owned and goverened by shareholders of The Mustique Company which represents 20 countries.

The island of Mustique has such cache because of the many private villas available for weekly rental. The villas have 2 to 9 bedrooms, and range in price from U.S. $4,000 to $40,000 per week. However, if the traveler is willing to spend the money, the stay is well worth it. Villas come complete with a cook, gardeners, maids and butlers. The villas are designed by world renowned architects and boast beautiful furnishings, gardens and swimming pools. For these reasons, the island tends to attract wealthy travelers and celebrities as the exclusivity and luxury the island's accomodations offer are magnificent.

As far as the culture of the island, English is most commonly spoken but many owners and guests tend to speak Dutch, French, Italian and German. The island is extremely secluded and peaceful, and almost all of the villas boast their own private beach. Guests can be sure to see frogs, lizards, crabs and iguanas roam through the lush greens of Mustique, and may also enjoy snorkeling among tropical fish and a vibrant coral reef. The average temperature of the island hovers around 80 degrees all year long, making Mustique a tropical vacation destination all year long. For more information, consult Mustique's website.

8 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn said...

Hey Sharon-

Your blog is really interesting!! I went to Punta Cana last year for Spring Break and it had gorgeous blue water just like in your pictures. Have you actually been to any of these places that you wrote about? My brother is going on his honeymoon to Saint Lucia in January and I was wondering if you knew anything about that island- I hear it is gorgeous. I like how you put a lot of information down about the islands- it was really easy to read. Have you thought about being a travel agent? It sounds like you would be good at it if you are really interested in this kind of stuff!!

2:48 PM, September 25, 2005

 
Blogger Sandy Chen said...

Hey Sharon-
Where do you find all these islands and their information? I have never heard of them and I find it so interesting to read about them. The picture that you posted looks so beautiful. I can't imagine having a cook and gardener at my villa. It seems too surreal. Is this place a popular honeymoon location? It definitely seems as if a lot of newlywed couples could stay a whole week here. I would love to go to a place like this if I was to get married. Keep up with the posts because I love reading about all these new places you are writing about!

12:34 PM, September 26, 2005

 
Blogger popovich said...

These places are amazing! Where do you get all of your information? I wouldn't even know where to begin to find these tiny secluded paradises. I can't imagine going on vacation to a secluded island and staying in a villa that has its own gardner and cook. That would be heaven!! I used to want to go to Hawaii on my honeymoon (not that I'm getting married anytime soon...but hey a girl can dream), but now I see all of these new exotic places and they're gorgeous! Anywhere with white sand, clear water, and sun...makes me happy. I can understand why the celebrities and wealthy love this place. The villas don't seem outrageous (well the $4,000 ones at least) what is air fare like to a place like this?? Have you ever been to any of these places or are they hopeful plans for the future?? I'm definitely going to look into them when I get that first big break and get rich....HA HA.

2:54 PM, September 26, 2005

 
Blogger LauraL said...

Yet another great island that I wish I could go visit. Mystique is definitely another dream vacation of mine. The only two islands I've visited in the Caribbean are Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. Both these vacations were all-inclusive packages for about $1,000, which is more in my poor college student budget. Mystique is something I can only dream about at the moment, but hopefully I'll have a successful career later on to afford a visit there. A vacation means relaxation to me and I think it's great to have people wait on you for a change. Do you know about any islands in the Mediteranean? A lot of my relatives in Europe go to places like Mallorca, Ibiza and Corsica. Thanks again for such an insightful blog!

7:49 PM, September 27, 2005

 
Blogger Stefanie said...

These places you are choosing are just simply amazing! I would give anything to be on Mustique right now, especially with all this rainy weather in Delaware! I can't imagine spending up to $40,000 a week just to stay in one of these villas, but I guess it is worth it if it comes with a cook, garderners, maids and butlers! I personally enjoy the fact that there is your own beach and that the snorkeling is good. I spent a week in Maui this past summer and the snorkling was amazing. If I went to Mustique I'd be very excited to lay on a private, secluded beach and enjoy the warm tropical water all day!

4:09 PM, October 14, 2005

 
Blogger Jenna B. said...

This island looks so striking and out of this world. The water is so blue just like when I went to Aruba when I was younger. While snorkeling in those waters, you could see everything in the water, not like along the Jersey Shore where the water is greenish and foggy looking in places. I am so jealous of all the celebrities that get to travel all over the world to fabulous places like this. They can experience things “ordinary” people cannot because we do not have the resources to do so. It would be so great to have all those amenities on the island and be weighted on hand and foot. I guess it would not be very bad that you could possibly run into celebrities and other famous people there as well.

7:58 PM, November 13, 2005

 
Blogger wildwestlax said...

I live about 5 minutes from the beach and in the summer the beach becomes alive with people skim boarding, playing football, shopping and kida playing in the sand. I would have to say that I would trade in every day I've ever spent at the beach at my house for a week on that island. Of course I am from Vancouver Canada and Whiterock beaches water temperature hovers around the 60's, thanks Alaska. That place looks ultra luxerious and probably will be out of my price range for the rest of my life, but if I ever do win that lottery it would be nice to spend some time in my own private vila with some friends on my private beach with my private servants. I could get used to that and I suppose you could return home with no tanlines. The privalages of the wealthy!

6:31 PM, November 16, 2005

 
Blogger Pick 3 Turbo Player said...

Nice blog!

If you get a chance, check out my site: Pick 3 Turbo Player

Thanks

7:20 PM, October 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home