All over the world, there are perfect tropical paradises within the reach of beach-seeking travelers. Many destinations are well known - and just as many are well off the beaten path. Discover a place which may be your next dream destination, or learn about others which may have been beyond your realm of imagination...

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Mallorca

Mallorca is an island off of Spain, just south of Barcelona and slightly east of Ibiza. The island boasts an astonishing average of 300 days of sunshine every year, which makes it a wonderful destination for sun-loving tourists. Mallorca offers many interesting attractions for tourists, as well as beautiful beaches, marvelous scenery and the richest Spanish culture of all the surrounding islands. Many famous celebrities even have secluded homes on the hillsides of the beautiful island.

Palma is the capital and has a wide range of things to see. The top tourist attractions include isolated hilltop monasteries and castles, particularly Palma’s dramatic seafront cathedral called La Seu, which was built in the 14th century and reportedly took 300 years to build. Almudaina Palace is also in the capital city, and is a formal royal residence which dates back almost 700 years. The medieval Capuchin Monastery and Roman ruins near the Moorish city of Aloudia are also highly sought after tourist destinations. Finally, there are many art galleries, including Museu d'Art Espanyol Contemporani, which features works by Pablo Picasso, Joan Miro and Salvador Dali.

If you prefer physical activity, Mallorca has an excellent selection of watersports, golf courses, excursions in glass-bottomed boats, vast underground caves to discover, marshes full of wildlife which attracts many birdwatchers, and some truly stunning mountains which can be enjoyed by foot or bicycle. The main mountain range on Mallorca is the Serra de Tramuntana, which has breathtaking views and stretches the entire length of the north coast.

Mallorca’s nightlife is legendary, as it is on its sister island, Ibiza. This tends to attract a young crowd, and thus there are many restaurants, bars, cafes, and nightclubs to cater to these tourists. Lots of visitors also enjoy visiting the other surrounding islands for easy day trips. As far as transportation to and from Mallorca, ferries are readily available from the Spanish mainland. If you are interested in learning more about the exciting and lively Spanish culture of Mallorca, surf through Mallorca Online.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Chen said...

I love that this island is just off of Spain. Do the islanders all speak Spanish then? I am definitely a fan of the 300 days of sunshine every year because I love the summer months. I'm sure that this island is populated with tourists all the time. The picture of the coast and cliffs look amazing. I would love to walk around this island just for the views. The cathedral that you talk about seems like definitely a place to visit. I can't imagine a building taking 300 years to build. It makes you wonder what they did that would take this long. I would love to also visit all the musuems that offer. I am a fan of the arts, especially Salvador Dali. I think his works are great, so just checking out his displayed works would be fun for me. Good post!

3:15 PM, November 17, 2005

 
Blogger nguyen said...

Oh my god!!! it is so beautiful... I love this island. All of your post about tropical places are very attractive. I wish I am a millionaire so i can take a long vacation to visit all of the islands that you have mentioned... Thank you so much for your information

12:12 AM, November 18, 2005

 
Blogger wildwestlax said...

This island looks just like the pictures my friends brought back from Ibiza. They said they had the best time, well from what they can remember. If this island is anything like Ibiza let me in. I've seen the two islands highlighted on E channel's Wild On. The entire island seems like a party and my friends that went their said it was worth every penny. I hear its like the European Cancun adn is full of young college kids from all over Europe on spring break. The 300 hundred days of sunshine is unbelievable. Its nothing like Vancouver where I'm from which seems to rain 300 days a year. Also I saw Ibiza on Maxim's top 30 parties on the planet. You should take a look at Thailand on one of your next posts. Crazy party life, dirt cheap and awesome scenery.

12:51 AM, November 18, 2005

 
Blogger LauraL said...

Mallorca is amazing!! A lot of my German relatives travel to Mallorca. It's an ultimate hot spot for Europeans, especially young people. I was supposed to go there with my cousins two years but, we ended up going to Italy instead. I have always wanted to go there because of its great nightlife. I also love how it offers its visitors 300 days of sunshine. I also am a big fan of art and the museums sound like a great place to visit when you want to get away from the beach. Spain is an amazing country and I hope to go back there sometime soon. Mallorca is definitely one of the places I have to visit over the next few years. Thanks for writing about Mallorca!

5:23 PM, November 21, 2005

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Term paper researches are completed to give the reader (in your scenario - the professor) a very clear photo of the problem you are talking about and your evaluation of it. This type of academic paper ought to react to queries and present procustomwriting in an successful way. That is the purpose why you have to display that you have complete understanding of the matter and choose a topic your professor likes.

6:42 AM, November 28, 2016

 

Post a Comment

<< Home